After our upscale lunch, we wanted a good old fashioned dessert, so FG6 and I headed over to The Pie Hole.
Located across from Wurstküche in the downtown arts district, The Pie Hole had been in my dreams since reading this review.
Imagine our distress when we saw this sign out front!
But then the proprietress said they could get us slices to go. Yes!!
On the left, maple custard. On the right, Mexican chocolate.
To quote Agent Dale Cooper*:
"This must be where pies go when they die."
"Harry, I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it, don’t wait for it, just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair or two cups of good hot black coffee. Like this." - Another one from Agent Cooper
Or pie like this.
* Having a Twin Peaks moment here.
- Sheriff Truman: Lucy, you'd better bring Agent Cooper up to date.
- Lucy Moran: Leo Johnson was shot, Jacques Renault was strangled, the mill burned, Shelley and Pete got smoke inhalation, Catherine and Josie are missing, Nadine is in a coma from taking sleeping pills.
- Dale Cooper: How long have I been out?
- Sheriff Truman: Six hours.
- -- From Episode 8
Shelly: Would you like some pie?
Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.
Shelly: Do you want some more pie? A whole pie?
Gordon: YES I WOULD MISS JOHNSON. AND A PIECE OF PAPER AND A PENCIL. I PLAN ON WRITING AN EPIC POEM ABOUT THIS GORGEOUS PIE.
- -- From Episode 25
- For more quotes, click here and here.
Us: We just wanted to tell you that was probably the best pie we've ever eaten. Thank you so much!
Her: Oh my god. Can I hug you?
Damn fine pie.