Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Life goes on without me

I marked the anniversary quietly to myself, amid an otherwise totally unremarkable, glorious sunny day.  A dentist appointment for my daughter.  Basketball practice for my son. A pile of small issues at work.  A much needed stiff drink and highly caloric dinner out with my husband.

Just before we left the restaurant, I went to the bathroom. As I was washing my hands, I heard this refrain from the tinny speakers overhead:

Life goes on, without me.

It was Louis Prima, channeling Mom*.
Honestly. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.


*Note the "I'm...so sad and lonely!" refrain that repeats constantly, even though the song is relentlessly upbeat and cheerful.   I ask you, what is a person supposed to do with this information?  Vintage Mom.  That's how I knew for sure.  Subtle was never her style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis