Friday, March 29, 2013

This more than qualifies as a cheesy penny

A man was recently caught with 21 tons of stolen cheese.

"There's a black market for everything," said Sissman. "We've seen everything stolen.  We've found stolen beer, stolen food, stolen machine parts, but this is the first time we've found stolen cheese.  When I looked inside and saw stolen cheese, I thought, of course it's from Wisconsin."

-- From the news story

It turns out that cheese is the most stolen food item on the planet.



A great post on this, with all kinds of links to other stories of stolen cheese, is over at kottke.org.

2 comments:

  1. Rock Center did a little spoof on this story last night. If I had stolen all that cheese, I'd be in the market for a very large cold storage unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be a shoo in at the Grilled Cheese Invitational this year!

      Delete

ShareThis