Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Highlights for me:
  1. Sleeping in until 8:10
  2. Seeing how happy my mom was when we drove up to take her to brunch
  3. On the way to this same brunch, which by the way features a ridiculous dessert bar with a chocolate fountain and bowls full of gummy bears: "Mom, don't you think it would be a really good idea for us to go to Menchie's on the way home? Since it's Mother's Day, we'll get Dad to pay."
  4. Listening to a song my daughter composed for me on the piano
  5. Having this same girl turn to me, livid with rage, during a performance of Ain't Misbehavin': "Mom, I thought you said this was a play! All they are doing is singing! They haven't stopped singing since we got here. Nothing is happening! What kind of show is this, anyway? Jeez!" Long pause. She pats my arm. "At least you like it."
  6. Getting two solid hours to myself in the afternoon
  7. My mom: "You don't want dessert with your dinner tonight, do you?" Me: "Um, no, I guess I really don't."
  8. My son giving me the gift of a completely organized school backpack
  9. Winning the coveted Mother of the Year award
  10. My husband buying me a dozen roses when our yard is full of them

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis