Q. Which of these memorable lines from a classic 1984 film was also a prominent part of today's message of the week?*
- "Why is there a watermelon there?" "I'll tell you later"
- "Laugh-a while you can, Monkey Boy"
- "Doomed is your soul and damned is your life"
- "No matter where you go, there you are"
- "Martians. In New Jersey."
- "Home is where you wear your hat"
- "Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to "
- "Take her to the Pitt. Go, Big-booty. Use more honey. Find out what she knows."
The lesson for today: Be present in what you do, and make the most of your time! Maximize the impact of your efforts by being 100% invested in what you are doing right now. If you are at work, be at work. When you're with your family, don't get distracted by the computer or your blackberry (guilty! guilty! guilty!). Step into the gym and stay focused on your training. You can pick up your worries about what to get at the grocery store or Obama's health care plan after class. With focus comes results. And perhaps, even recognition from afar:
"May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. "
*Extra credit if you can name the film without clicking on the link!