Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The letters I did not get in the mail today

Dear Mom,

I love camp! Thank you, thank you for sending me to this awesome place. I have made 28 new best friends, and my counselors all want to adopt me. I said no, because I love you so much. Sorry I haven't written sooner, but I've been busy helping bottle feed the baby kittens and learning to identify edible plants from the meadow. Don't worry, I'm brushing and flossing extensively every day, and we all read aloud to each other every night after the campfire songs. Even though I am having the time of my life, I think about you all the time and miss you like crazy. Can you bake some cookies and save some for when I get back?

Dear Mom,

Get. Me. Out. Now. Cow bit me yesterday, and I had to weave my own band-aid while the blood was clotting. They made me eat raw squash. Can't say more...evil older kids stole my flashlight and the dark is not my friend. No one is. Hate this. Hate you.

Maybe no news is good news, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis