Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Don't be a hater

Unless you make a really funny website about it. 
For example, www.ihatecilantro.com.

This site has everything.  

Testimonials from everyday people:

"My main beef is cilantro being added to foods where it really shouldn't be and with no warning on the menu."

"I took one bite and told my husband that somebody had accidentally spilled Ivory liquid in the salsa."

"Cilantro is ruining my life."

"I was often surprised to discover cilantro sitting ever so deceptively upon my whitefish."


"I don't know what antichrist has led the proliferation of this devil-weed into every restaurant and indeed almost every dish in America, but whoever they are, they should be shot in the street."
 
"I hate you PLU code 4889!!"

Plus T-shirts, coffee mugs and messenger bags.  Photos of innocent animals being victimized. Numerous pie charts.  And of course, haiku*:

What's that awful taste?
Is this the flavor of death?
No, it's cilantro.


Awful cilantro
You ruined my fajita
Now I have no lunch


I'm tempted to post a short response:

Leafy herb of green
Controversy incarnate
An acquired taste

* There are actually 18 pages of anti-cilantro rants in the form of haiku available, with more being added every day.  

1 comment:

  1. So funny I cried
    cilantro makes me crazy
    I hate the stuff too

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis